Quantcast
Channel: Fethiye Times
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 2213

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

$
0
0

Fethiye Times - LOVE-FETHIYE

Fethiye Times News – our pick of what is been going on in Fethiye and around Turkey over the last week.

News

British tourists returning to Turkey, early bookings show

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

There has been a significant rise in the number of bookings in Turkey made by British tourists for summer 2018, a leading tourism association has stated.

The number of bookings from the U.K. for next summer in Turkey has risen by 79 percent compared to last year, the Hotels Association of Turkey (TÜROB) said in a statement on Nov. 25.

Almost 150,000 British people have made an early reservation for next summer, read the statement.

Although there has been an increase in bookings from the U.K. at Turkey’s leading touristic destinations, Istanbul has seen a 33 percent year-on-year decrease, it added.

The number of arrivals from the United Kingdom to Turkey plunged to 1.7 million in 2016 from 2.5 million in the previous year, amid escalating security concerns.

The decreasing trend continued in 2017. While almost 1.5 million British people visited Turkey in the first nine months of 2016, this figure declined to 1.4 million in the same period of 2017, according to TÜROB data.

The most popular destinations for British people are now Italy, the United States, Greece and Cuba, read the statement, adding that Turkey remains in the top destinations list.

Source: Daily Hurriyet 

Tender for Ephesus Harbor still unannounced

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

The result of the tendering process for the construction of new harbor at the UNESCO world heritage center of Ephesus, in the Aegean province of Izmir’s Selçuk district, has yet to be announced, even though the process was concluded over a month ago.

53 companies have made offers for the first phase of the tender by the Forestry and Water Affairs Ministry and the General Directorate for State Hydraulic Works (DSİ), which will allow the ruined ancient city to be accessed by sea.

The tender committee, which evaluated the proposals on Oct. 19, specified the cost of the project as 30.9 million Turkish Liras, and stated that the Public Procurement Authority would announce the winner.

A 600-meter-long entrance channel will provide yachts with an entrance from the sea. A pier structure,short-term yacht anchor area, and vehicle and pedestrian bridges, will be built on the channel off the coast of Pamucak.

A yacht port in Ephesus would attract the boats of foreign tourists. In 2011 almost four million tourists visited Ephesus, but this figure dropped to one million in recent years because of poor foreign and tourism policies.

Concerns have been raised about the negative impact customs and passport buildings and fuel stations for yachts would have on the ancient city.

Source: Daily Hurriyet 

Convicts carry out enviromental clean up

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

50 convicts carried out an environmental clean up in Fethiye on Thursday.

The environmental clean up was supervised by AKUT Search and Rescue Association as part of the “Future Elimizde” project in cooperation with the Fethiye District Office, the Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office, the Fethiye Municipality and the Fethiye Business Directorate.

Fethiye District Governor, Muzaffer Şahiner said that everyone should keep the environment clean.

Fethiye Mayor Behçet Saatci, also criticized the polluters of the environment, stating that the areas of natural beauty should not be used for garbage disposal. He  also said that the area would be controlled by the camera system.

Fatal Accident in Muğla

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017Two people died and two were severely injured when a car collided head on with a minibus in the town of Seydikemer in  Muğla on Monday.

The accident took placeat the junction of Esen Mahallesi and Yakubağ. Police, Jandarma, health and fire crews were dispatched to the scene and the injured passengers were taken to Fethiye Private Letoon Hospital by ambulance. The bodies were taken to the morgue at Fethiye State Hospital for autopsy.

Basketball

Fethiye Belediyespor won their away match against İstanbul TED on Saturday. The final score was 56 – 62.

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

Fethiyespor

Thank you to Brian Lloyd for the Fethiyespor updates

Fethiyespor drew their away match against Bandırmaspor yesterday. The final score was 0-0.

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

After yesterday’s result, Fethiyespor stay in 14th position on the league table.

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

The next league matches are:

Sunday 10th December at home against Karşıyaka. Kick off is at 13:30.

Sunday 17th December away against Bugaş Spor A.Ş. Kick off is at 13:30.

For more information about Fethiyespor please visit Fethiyespor Yabancilar on Facebook.

Turkish Money

Here are Turkish Lira (TL) exchange rates:

The British Pound bought 5.27TL by the close of business on Friday. The week before it was selling for 5.26TL.

The US Dollar bought 3.91TL by the close of business on Friday. The week before it was selling for 3.95TL.

The Euro bought 4.65TL by the close of business on Friday. The week before it was selling for 4.57TL.

Weather Forecast

Winter weather has definitely arrived in the Fethiye area. These photographs of heavy fog were taken at the Seki junction of the Antalya road on Thursday morning.

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017
Photograph courtesy of Oğuz Solak
Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017
Photograph courtesy of Oğuz Solak

Source: Fethiye Haber Bülteni

Here’s your weather forecast for the week ahead.

Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017

 

The post Fethiye Times News – Week Ending 2 December 2017 appeared first on Fethiye Times.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 2213

Trending Articles